Victim Rights - Navigating the Justice System
In addition to emotional, physical and financial challenges, if you are the victim of crime you may suddenly find yourself involved in the criminal justice system. Navigating the justice system can be confusing or frustrating for those who are unfamiliar with it. The Victim Resource Center (VRC) helps victims of crime exercise their victim rights and provides resources to help them throughout the criminal justice process.
- Your Rights as a Victim
- What Services are provided by the Victim Resource Center?
- What remedies are available if victim rights are violated?
- What is restitution?
- How can I track my offender?
- Restraining orders
- Publications for Victims and Advocates
- Crime Victim Rights Board
Contact the Victim Resource Center
Wisconsin Victim Helpline: (800) 446-6564
Madison area: (608) 264-9497 (assistance available in Spanish)
Fax: (608) 264-6368
TTY: (800) 947-3529
Victim Resource Center
PO Box 7591
Madison, WI 53707-7951